Sydney Power BI User Group – October Meetup
17 October 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Sydney Power BI User Group (PUG) – October Meetup
"Analysing Solar Electricity Data - Case Study"
Presenter: Matt Allington
Overview: This presentation will be a case study relating to a domestic solar panel installation. The data source will be a recent installation of a modern domestic solar electricity system that has a lot of data available. This data can be analysed using Power BI to create interesting insights. The case study will cover:
• Accessing the raw source data
• Cleansing and loading the data so it is suitable for Power BI
• Selecting an additional data set (sun energy statistics from the ABS) to enhance the analysis
• Writing DAX formulas to model the data
• Creating reports and analytics to see the insights.
Please note the new location: Legacy House - Level 1, 47 York Street, Sydney, Sydney