We are excited to announce that our user group was one of the very few selected from across the world to be a launch partner for the newly formed Power BI User Groups! (PUGs) This partnership will allow our group to receive support from the Power BI team in the way of exclusive perks, contests, content, swag and more!
As well, because the Power BI group is data driven, we will be providing statistics about our meetings and content it can be aggregated with the other PUG
statistics. We will have Power BI dashboards and reports to evaluate trends and patterns that are most popular for the successful PUGs across the world. You will also play a key role in those statistics. The more we participate the more perks we earn as a group and as individuals!
As we are a launch partner, there will be a lot of flexibility and we play a key role in shaping the Power BI User Group Program, so feel free to share your feedback on our group page and with our leaders.
We would like to encourage you to show your support, tweet about it (don’t forget to use #powerbi for MS amplification) and visit this link now to claim your badge on the Power BI Community. We look forward to this exciting journey of being a Power BI User Group.
Internet of Things (loT) is now even more practicable with the power of the cloud analytics. Now with Cortana Analytics which have included components across a broad set of Azure Services, Power BI and APIs, you can connect your sensors and devices to the cloud to do more intelligent stuff and “Connect the Dots”. In this session you will get an overview of the capabilities in Cortana Analytics, and Iman will show you an outlook of the future. Find here the event link.
Why Cortana Analytics is such an impressive tool?
(1) Analytics that enables action
Take action ahead of your competitors by going beyond looking in the rear-view mirror to predicting what’s next. Enhance your business applications with machine intelligence to evolve from simple descriptive analytics to prescriptive recommendations.
- Predict: Predict what will happen with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms
- Prescribe: Augment and improve your decision making processes with proactive alerting and recommendations on actions to take
- Automate: Simplify and automate decision making when dealing with complex problems that involve multiple variables that may change in real time
(2) Perceptual intelligence
Interact with customers and stakeholders in new ways and infer intent with vision, face, speech, text and sentiment analysis to customise responses and drive appropriate actions.
- See: Recognise your users and customers with face detection, identification and verification. Recognise objects within images to tailor your responses to your customers
- Hear: Add speech recognition and response to your applications and translate spoken words into intent to drive actions needed for the business
- Read: Understand and analyse text, e.g. customer feedback on your site or forum, to determine overall sentiment and key phrases
(3) Fast and flexible
Why start from scratch when you don’t have to? Build with partner solutions for your industry or extend our basic building blocks to tailor the solution to your specific needs.
- Get started quickly: Build on top of industry-specific partner solutions or customise machine learning models, APIs and templates from our Solutions Gallery
- Use all your data: Connect to and get value from data of any volume, variety and velocity both on premises and in the cloud
- Open and extensible: Empower your organisation to work with the languages and frameworks they already know and use like R, Python and Hadoop
(4) Secure and scalable
Your business needs will grow over time; so should your infrastructure. Continue to get value from your data in a secure, compliant and scalable way.
- Secure: Keep your customers’ data safe on a trusted and secure cloud platform with encrypted communications, threat management, mitigation practices and regular penetration testing
- Compliant: Ensure infrastructure compliance with your industry through our broad set of compliance standards such as ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1 and SOC 2
- Scalable: Elastically scale to petabytes of data as your business needs grow over time, while keeping the flexibility and choice to manage multiple data repositories in the cloud
(5) Personal digital assistant
Integrate with Cortana, your truly personal digital assistant. Cortana works with the Cortana Analytics Suite to enable your business, and your customers’ businesses, to get things done in more helpful, proactive, and natural ways.
- Helpful: By intelligently learning about your business needs over time, Cortana becomes increasingly helpful when it comes to connecting data into intelligent action.
- Natural interaction: Interact with you data with natural language and speech, through Cortana.
- Proactive: Always looking out for you and your customers, Cortana can analyse business and customer data to pro-actively suggest helpful actions, trends and insights.
Ask us for more information about Cortana Analytics here.
In an interview with leading jobs website Dice.com, Agile BI Director James Beresford talks about the skills needed to advance a BI Career. The article emphasises that soft skills – especially the ability to engage with the business on their terms and the technologists on theirs to create the right results for both teams – is what really makes the difference.
James says in the article ““What I am seeing is that there is an increasing bifurcation of BI developers into those who stay on the pure developer track and hit career stagnation and those who ‘get’ business, who then become the leaders in the field.”
Read the full article here: Evolving From SQL Monkey to BI Pro
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria
Agile BI is a leading Data Analytics consulting firm based in Sydney. We are a Gold Microsoft partner with fully-certified experienced people that can implement, tailor, and support Microsoft Business Intelligence products and solutions.
- May and June Webinars: Power BI Security, Best Practices from the Microsoft Operations Team, Power BI Embedded, Marco Russo on Design and more! 20 Apr 2017
- Meet 1:1 with a Microsoft expert at Microsoft Data Insights Summit - book your appointment today! 20 Apr 2017
- Connecting to datasets in the Power BI service from Desktop 19 Apr 2017
- How Microsoft uses Power BI to run its growing cloud business 19 Apr 2017
Get in touch
1300 441 618
(02) 8088 7440
Suite 2, Level 1, 18-20 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000